Sunday, November 22, 2009

Saying Goodbye


Before:

After:

Goodbye can be a tough thing.

Holes in your shoes during winter from pushing your train around the city of Lynn just won't cut it.

Mom sabotaged my Thomas shoes one night while I slept.

As I dreamed of bouncy balls and strawberries, mom chopped them up, glued them up, and served Thomas up on a new pair of shoes.

And soon thereafter, I laid to rest the shoes I had worn every day since spring.

To the trash can, poor shoes. To the trash can, beloved.

Dad cried.

He said "There's just so many memories on these shoes. Like here is the spot where Sim's foot got caught in the wheel of the bike at the beach. . . "

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Tell us how Sim reacted to the new shoes! Did he buy it?

abby said...

I was at work when he first saw them. Stephen said that when he showed them to Sim, Sim actually got really excited and wanted to wear them immediately. I was truly surprised since, quite literally, we hadn't been able to get him to wear and other shoes than those since the summer. It must have been the circle symbol i cut out more than the shoes themselves that he was attached to. Kinda strange eh. I could definitely see myself cutting the circle off of these ones he has now and gluing them on another pair if that means he'll switch.


The Elf formerly known as Clay

Mom and I at the Beach

Clay and I

Mom and Clay

Followers