Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Have you hugged your fire hydrant today?


If you spend any time around young children, you are familiar with the thought "Oh man, I sure wish I had my camera on me right now."

Today Mum took Clay and I for a walk (it was snowing and windy) around the block. It was so very cold, but I am rather tough I think and Clay's baby fat will keep him warm. We trekked, we trekked. . . bundled. Mom makes me wear these mittens that are so big I can't get my thumb in the thumb-spot. Actually, I don't even know that mittens have thumb-spots. I wear Dad's winter had too, that Swarty made. Mum rolls the lip up thick so it doesn't fall over my eyes. It still does anyway, but I like not seeing wear I am going.

We made it around the block twice (I had to coax mom at one point and then she had to coax me at another) but we did make it.

When I turned the last corner and we were in the homestretch to our apartment, I saw this big, beautiful , recently-painted, bright red fire hydrant. I just couldn't resist giving it a big hug. Mom was laughing pretty hard, so I kept on hugging.

Let it not be said that only dogs give fire hydrants attention.
I hugged that hydrant so long that it hugged me back.

May you get a good hug today and may you give one too!

No comments:


The Elf formerly known as Clay

Mom and I at the Beach

Clay and I

Mom and Clay

Followers