Monday, November 17, 2008

story hour

The emails went like this:

Mom's friend to Mom:
"So we go to story hour at the library once in a while. They have a group of one year olds and last week we went. It usually consists of moms and tots sitting in a circle, singing songs, and listening to stories. In my head I pictured all the kids running around, and not paying attention. Apparently that is the case for only my child. Seriously ALL the other kids are sitting quietly and Asher is throwing his sippy cup at the other moms and running around pulling books off of the shelf. I was the only one there with a wild child. I feel like you would understand this."

Mom to Mom's friend:
"Thanks for the laughter. When I applied for our library card this summer I was told about the story hour they have and I laughed out loud. Until now I thought that no children could handle a gathering like this. Apparently I am wrong! Saturday night we had some friends over and Simeon threw huge handfuls of chicken Alfredo onto our guest's shirt. There was nothing to do but apologize and start cleaning up...."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh yeah! I remember those days-oh wait, that was my youngest (age 7) tonight. Word to the wise or the trying to be wiser: 'not all things are for all kids and not all kids should do all things'.
Love ya!!


The Elf formerly known as Clay

Mom and I at the Beach

Clay and I

Mom and Clay

Followers