Monday, April 21, 2008

Some advice on sleep

I haven't been typing much lately.
I had hurt my wrist while playing bocce ball.

Just so that you all know, I haven't been sleeping through the night all week. In fact, I heard Mom groan at me last night when I woke her up 4 times. The half-asleep groan is probably the moment in my life that I see my mother at her most beast-like appearance. She stumbles into my room, the lights are off (so she doesn't wake me more than I already am), her arms are dangling from still being half-asleep. She grips me tightly out of fear her grip is too weak in the middle of the night. She pulls me up from my crib. . .

I've been teething folks.
Cut me some slack.

Mom said that her wisdom teeth came in when she was in college and that she can still remember the pain from it. I don't really know how much of a comparison there is with my teeth and hers, except that she said that she had trouble with her classwork because of the steady pain and I can relate to that. I am so behind right now in Astrophysics 450.

Caleb's momma, Aleen wrote to me asking for sleeping tips. This is a very common problem. Babies everywhere are plagued with the daunting task of sleep. I need to interject right here that we babies go through a 50 to 60 minute sleep cycle, meaning that about every hour, for about ten minutes, I am in a lighter sleep. So many things can wake a baby like me. Perhaps a wet diaper, stomach ache, snot, hunger, bad dream, good dream, pea under the mattress, fly crawling up the nose, ear ache, headache, fever, foot fungus growing, toe nails glowing, wall paper peeling, rat's chewing, blisters popping (gross), neighbors yawning, televisions droning, monsters playing hopscotch, fairies flying, intestines gurgling, ear wax melting, eyes tearing, chest hair lengthening, toilet running, sink dripping, socks missing, diapers decomposing, joints popping, earlobes flopping, saliva drooling, asphalt hardening, lightening striking, rain plopping, puddles sloshing, drains emptying, dogs barking, parents farting, church bells ringing, crickets singing, knuckles cracking, lost people mapping, rodents on the move, light in the eyes, too hot, too cold, too warm, too cool, socks falling off, pants falling down, elastic too tight, mosquito bite, beans from dinner, midnight shimmer, floor-boards creaking, faucet leaking, popping pipes, drafty room, phone rings, shower sings, microwave ding, yesterday's bee sting, chicken pox, smelly socks, flatulence, alarm clock from the next room over, late-night mowing, the bathroom door sticking, the white clock ticking, air conditioners humming, tires screeching, horns beeping, street sweeping, cows tipping, ice cream trucks ....

I think that a mild sedative is most likely the best option.

Don't tell my mom I said that. I'm not even sure if she reads this thing!

No comments:


The Elf formerly known as Clay

Mom and I at the Beach

Clay and I

Mom and Clay

Followers